Cricket injuries effect on all portions of the body except the head. Injuries toward the upper limbs occur mostly in the shoulder, elbow and hands. The lower limb injuries affect the knee or the foot and ankle of bowlers.
- More than 200,000 basketball-related injuries occurs in youngsters instead of adults
- Eye injuries are very frequentas a result of being hit with fingers or elbows.
- Girls and women appear to have a slightly higher rate of injury than boys and men. Most of the women basketball player suffers from knee injuries.
Types of Injuries :-
Basketball players usually suffer from the most common injuries:
Sprains :-It is a partial or complete tear of a ligaments around a joint — wrist, finger, knee, ankle, toe.
Strains :-It is a partial or complete tear of a muscles or tendons.
Body part injured
Cause of Injury
The most common causes of injuries are:
- Scrambling for loose balls
- Controlled pattern activity