PROBLEMS FACED BY WOMEN AT FORTY
- At age 40, most women require between 1,800 and 2,200 calories daily to maintain healthy weights ,depending on their activity levels i.e.
- Women with sedentary lifestyle-1800 calories
- Moderately active lifestyle-2000 calories
- Highly active lifestyle-2200 calories
- 40-year-old women seeking weight loss often require between 1,200 and 1,600 calories a day to lose weight
CARBS AND FATS REQUIREMENTS
- Women in their 40s obtain 45 percent to 65 percent of their calories from carbs and 20 percent to 35 percent from fat.
- This equates to 169 to 244 grams of carbs and 33 to 58 grams of fat daily when eating 1,500 calories day.
SOURCE FOR HEALTHY CARBS
Whole grains, legumes, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, milk and yogurt.
SOURCE FOR HEALTHY FAT
Plant-based oils, fatty fish, nuts, seeds, nut butters, avocados and olives.
VITAMINS AND MINERALS
- Key micronutrients for women in their 40s include iron, calcium, vitamin D and vitamin C.
- Calcium, from foods such as milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, leafy greens, clams, oysters, broccoli and almonds, works with vitamin D to support bone health.
- Vitamin D is found in fish, such as herring, tuna and cod, and in some fortified foods; your body also can synthesize it after direct exposure to sunlight.
- Insufficient dietary iron, found in lean meats, iron-fortified breakfast cereals, spinach and legumes, can leave women feeling dragged down.
FOOD TO AVOID
- Women who are 40 should limit or cut entirely certain foods to help maintain healthy body weights and reduce their risk for chronic diseases, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and type-2 diabetes.
- Foods to limit or avoid include high-fat, high-sodium meats such as bacon, deli meats and sausage, high-fat dairy products, sweets, sugary drinks, baked goods and refined grains, such as white bread and white rice.
LEADING HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
- The best way of weight management and gaining strength is to exercise daily.
- It helps in improving muscle strength, muscle contours, reducing fat and improves fitness.
A GOOD SLEEP
- A sound sleep provides our mind the well deserved rest and thus helps in reducing our stress levels.
- So, its utmost important for an individual to sleep for minimum 8 hours a day.
HOW KRV CAN HELP?
KRV firmly believes in providing best quality care to every individual. Based on the problems faced by the women in forties KRV provides safe, valuable and completely reliable products that can help them improve their quality of life.
- With progressing age our muscles tend to become loose and weak and thus gets spasm very easily which in a long run turns into a deep inflammation.
- KRV pain oil is ayurvedic oil which is anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxant.
- Regular pain oil massage for 2-3 min helps in reducing internal inflammation and thus relieves pain.
- It has no side effects.
- Gaining weight post menopause or due to reduced activities in forties is a major problem faced by most of the women.
- Digestrin is ayurvedic digestive herbal powder and thus has no side effects.
- 1-2gm of Digestrin intake after meals can give impressive results.
- It can also be used in case of acidity, indigestion, constipation and loss of appetite etc.
- It should be taken at night after meals. 2 tablespoon of Digestrin along with lukewarm water.
Dr. RIDWANA SANAM
Issues like weight gain, maintaining fitness, maintaining muscle strength etc can easily be managed with few lifestyle modifications.
Exercising on daily basis, eating healthy food, having a sound sleep is the key to wellness at forties.
Regular health check-ups and blood tests to check Vit.D3, Vit.C and Vit.B12 are also important as these vitamins play a crucial role in maintaining our muscle mass and bone density.
Optimum calorie intake, proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle is all you need to lead a life with ease.